Monday, May 10, 2010

The Ruffle(less) Shirt

Here is my latest project: The JJ Ruffle Shirt, a free pattern from Burda Style. This is another one of those that Rachel found and let me be the pattern tester. The only thing I am disappointed with is the absence of the ruffles. Because European fabric is a different width than we are accustomed to (who knew?) I was short on fabric and had to omit the ruffles. I am still looking for the 'perfect' belt for this shirt (or an idea for making one, I do have a vintage mothe-of-pearl buckle I might use). Also, the hem of the shirt is straight, despite the picture. And the buttons? After having a hard time finding the right buttons, I admit I took them off one of my daughter's outfits...she'll never notice! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan!

    I like yyour shirt, that is way cute! I like the style and the fabric as well and the color, great job!

    ReplyDelete