Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Making A Headboard

I have a lot of moving ahead of me during the next 2 years so I am minimizing the furniture that I have. With that in mind, we bought a simple mahogany platform bed which is easy to move but is rather bland. I searched for an easy way to add a functional headboard and was lucky enough to happen upon this tutorial:

http://www.domestic-divaonline.com/Site_1/How_to_make_a_headboard.html

I was really inspired by the simplicity of the pillow idea but am way too lazy to actually sew my own. My idea to streamline the process was to buy outdoor patio cushions that matched everything else. They are cheap, easy to clean and don't require zipper installation! Also, I blogged about the pillow covers and here they are in action :)

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! Everything is so cute, you and Megan keep inspiring me, so keep up the good work! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am excited too because it will be easier to change the look of the room just by changing up the pillows :)

    ReplyDelete